ESPN Report: Te’o’s records confirm phone calls

Jan 23, 2013, 3:50 PM EST

Lennay Kekua

With Manti Te’o‘s much anticipated conversation with Katie Couric airing tomorrow afternoon, one of the final chapters in a bizarre story will play out.

While this won’t likely end any of the conspiracy theories or fascination about what really happened, one of the most important pieces of information seems to have just trickled out of ESPN’s report, burying deep beneath the lede of the story.

Manti Te’o has records to prove these phone calls happened.

This from ESPN:

A source close to Te’o gave Schaap documents that the source says are Te’o’s AT&T phone records from May 11 to Sept. 12. Their veracity could not be independently confirmed, but the source insisted they are genuine.

The records show that in that four-month span — when Te’o has said he believed Lennay Kekua to be in a Los Angeles hospital, recovering from an accident and being treated for cancer — Te’o made and received more than 1,000 calls totaling more than 500 hours in length from the same number in the 661 area code. The 661 area code covers Lancaster, which is part of Los Angeles County. The source told Schaap that Te’o believed the 661 phone number in question was Kekua’s.

Of these calls, 110 were more than 60 minutes in length, including several that were several hundred minutes long. In an ESPN interview last Friday, and in interviews with both ESPN and Sports Illustrated last fall, Te’o said he was on the phone “every single night” with a person he believed to be Kekua, often for long stretches late at night.

On Friday, he said to Schaap, “I’d be on the phone. And she had complications from the accident and, she said the only thing that could help her sleep was if I was on the phone. So I would be on the phone, and I’d have the phone on the whole night.”

From the records, however, it does not appear that Te’o was on the phone every single night for the entire night. But the volume of calls and their duration is prodigious.

The fact that there are records of Te’o’s phone conversations — some of “prodigious” durations — matches up with the accounts Te’o provided, both before and after Deadspin’s story broke, is a huge deal, and one that’s vastly under-reported right now. This should end any of the reporting that currently exists, characterizing Te’o as someone that invented a story. There seems to be records of Te’o actually speaking to someone. That much is clear.

NBC sat down with the face behind Lennay Kekua, with Ronaiah Tuiasosopo’s high school classmate Diane O’Meara appearing on the Today Show.  O’Meara, whose images were the ones provided to Te’o throughout this relationship, claimed to be another innocent victim in the hoax, not knowing who Te’o even was until the story broke.

She also explained away a suspicious photo she took in December, one supplied to Te’o as proof that Lennay Kekua was alive and not dead, by telling Savannah Guthrie that she took the photo as a favor for Tuiasosopo, who was making a slideshow for a cousin that had been in a traumatic car accident.

After claiming to have not spoken to Tuiasosopo since high school, she explained the logic behind taking the photo, one used as the avatar for Lennay’s Twitter page.

“I could see how people would think that, but we’re raised to be polite, we’re raised to have a kind heart,’’ O’Meara told Today. “He repeatedly reached out to me on Facebook, and I almost felt guilty about not submitting a photo with this sign for this photo slideshow. He went as far as sending me a photo with his cousin with head trauma, bandages, in the hospital with him, and out of the kindness of my heart, I thought I was just comforting somebody.’’

While there’s been a healthy dose of skepticism surrounding Te’o, with reports continually focused on the two-day window of December 6-8, when Te’o was first alerted that Kekua was potentially still alive, the far greater story is the mystery behind these phone calls. Just who was Te’o talking to?

UPDATE: According to a report from the New York Daily News, the voice of Lennay Kekua was played by Ronaiah Tuiasosopo himself.

According to attorney Milton Grimes, the high-profile Los Angeles attorney who represented Rodney King, Tuiasosopo put on a falsetto voice to talk with Te’o. “(He) thought it was a female he was talking with,” Grimes told the Daily News. “It was Ronaiah as Lennay.”

Tuiasosopo has trained both as an actor and a singer, auditioning for shows such as The Voice and leading the band at his father’s church in California.

“Come on, Hollywood does it all the time,” Grimes told the Daily News Wednesday. “People can do that.”

Grimes said that his client was seeking professional mental help, but wants to tell his side of the story.

“This wasn’t a prank to make fun,” Grimes told The Daily News. “It was establishing a communication with someone. … It was a person with a troubled existence trying to reach out and communicate and have a relationship.

“He’s torn by this. He didn’t mean for anyone to be hurt. Anything that he has done, he has apologized to those he could apologize to.”

1. jak1201 - Jan 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Actually, ESPN received a spreadsheet of the phone records from a source, not the actual phone records. Big difference.

• NotreDan - Jan 23, 2013 at 4:29 PM

jak. stfu.

• bernhtp - Jan 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Given all of the scrutiny at this point and the professional representation (and reputation), do you really think there is significant possibility that the spreadsheet documentation is fraudulent?

There are obvious reasons for not giving out the raw records such as protecting many private numbers. If there was a real need for verification, I bet Te’o would make the original (online) records available purely to validate the spreadsheet, but not to make public.

• runners00 - Jan 23, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Yes. To answer your question, “Yes.”

You could easily redact the private phone numbers of other individuals. It happens all the time in my work, as a lawyer for a large company. All the time. “This proves my client and your client talked.” You show the pertinent records and redact the irrelevant records/numbers. Simple.

Is it possible that Te’o passed along fake information? Sure, it’s possible. If you don’t know the kind of man he has been, though, you may think that this is the case. We think we know him. I believe in him for the simple fact that a person who engages in this kind of allegedly fraudulent conduct would have a trail of other similar conduct. It’s kind of like the thief. Someone starts with a petty crime like stealing clothes from a department store. Before you know it, they’re stealing people’s purses on the street. Then they’re breaking into cars. Then they’re stealing cars.

Te’o doesn’t quite a record that corresponds with the allegation that he fraudulently made up a girlfriend, made up her death, went to the press to take advantage of her death, then continued to lie about it until caught. He doesn’t have, in his background, crimes of moral turpitude. I think he’s probably telling the truth.

But to answer your question of whether it is possible that he passed along a spreadsheet that contained phone numbers that did not come from his phone bill, I say, “Yes it is possible.” I just don’t think it’s likely.

• bernhtp - Jan 23, 2013 at 6:29 PM

First, the data was presented in a spreadsheet almost certainly to provide statistics on the data such as the number of calls, total duration of calls, average duration or calls, etc. to this number.

Detail call logs are available online, and not typically mailed in hardcopy anymore, especially long after the fact. What additional independent verification would be provided by a printout of online data, which obviously could have been first edited? Answer: zilch.

Finally, no agent in this situation would ever provide fraudulent data. It would certainly be caught and their reputation ruined. There might even be a tort here, especially once pro teams get involved. Believing that this data is faked is nonsense and proof that you wish to make a point rather than to accept the truth from mountains of evidence that corroborates all of Manti’s (sad and bizarre) story.

2. don74 - Jan 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM

While completely convinced Te’o was duped I believe he is not innocent. Not guilty of wrong doing but not an innocent “lost in the woods”. I believe he hung the University out to dry by not coming forward with the story. He was advised by ND to tell his agent when he signed and to release the story. He did tell his agent as Condon leaked the story to ESPN around 1/12 (NYTimes article today). ESPN didn’t run with the story because Condon wouldn’t allow Te’o to be filmed. Deadspin breaks it and the only voice is Jack Swarbrick who defends Te’o without any real proof. Te’o stays silent and JS takes the heat for the University. The focus splits between Te’o and ND when ND never should have been involved.

Te’o could have ended this if he took control. For a guy that seemingly did everything right from the time he walked onto campus he screwed this one big time. He is a young man that caved to the advice of an agent and he lost sight of his intrinsic connection to ND. He will always be remembered for helping turn the program around but in my eyes his parting has diminished his luster. And, I never doubted he was duped.

I also read he has the receipt for flowers.

• dickasman - Jan 23, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Don, I agree w u. If he woulda just fessed up, I would be like ok what a dummy but at least he owned up to it and moved on. What really made me think this kid still needs to grow up is he asked Katie what would you do? True moron. Well manti, I’d first go to my coach and tell them and let them know look this is real focked up coach but its the truth. I need to get this off my manboobs. The fact that he was trying to brush this stuff under the rug is what bothers me the most and which is why this is still being talked about. Well at least he’s a quick learner. He’s almost learned the brush under rug trick but not quite.

• NotreDan - Jan 23, 2013 at 4:34 PM

The one quagmire that screwed him was the fact that he lies to his Dad FIRST about it… any real coming clean after that meant his Dad would know he lied. I don’t know the kids personally, but based on everything I DO know, this was a huge part of this for him.

• dickasman - Jan 23, 2013 at 4:54 PM

He’s probably not a bad person but the way he handled things does not come off as all that he portrayed to be. Didn’t he have that dumbass quote about real man is when tides are high or somesht like that on his twatter like forever? Well nimrod, I got news for ya the tide is high, step up. Lets see this real man. I’m still waiting.

Just shut up, stop explaining ur self. Just say I got duped. I was a complete moron. I didn’t know what to do. It made me look real bad and I realize that I may have let some people down and I’m focking sorry about that. I made a mistake that I learned a lot from and I’d like to move forward with my life. I’d like to thank the fans and the university who have stuck by me through all this and I promise you that going forward you will continue to see the real manti that everyone has come to know and love.

I am so sorry for everyone that I may have embarrassed especially those who are closest to me.

Tadaaaaaaa.THEE END!!!!! Instead, he goes on national tv and here, look at the proof, oh what would you do? U do the same wont ya? Y manti, I’m sure Katie has like 69 fake internet e boyfriends and completely understands.

• bernhtp - Jan 23, 2013 at 4:55 PM

You guys don’t pay attention to detail. This has been addressed in public reports.

The investigator’s report did not come in until two days before the NC game, at which point they decided to put it off any public statement until afterwards for obvious reasons.

After the game, Manti is basically done with Notre Dame and hires his agent. The ball is in his hands at this point. Notre Dame gives their information, including the investigator’s report, to Manti and his agent. They take a while to assimilate all of the information and plan its public release. Despite advice from Notre Dame, the agent’s plan is for the public announcement the Monday after the story is ultimately broken by Deadspin. How much of the delay is because of Manti, his agent, or the relationship handoff, but I suspect mostly the agent.

• dickasman - Jan 23, 2013 at 4:33 PM

What would you do? Kids obviously still in denial.

• keelio19 - Jan 23, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Don it’s got to be real simple to sit back and pick and choose Teo’s mistakes after everything has happened, and decide what you would have done or what the right thing would have been to do. It’s ridiculous for you or anyone to put yourself in Teo’s shoes and say ‘He should have done this, he shouldn’t have done this, or I would have done it this way’. That’s why you and I are sitting here writing replies back and forth to each other, and he’s out preparing to play in the nfl and be a millionaire.
      You statement: “For a guy that seemingly did everything right from the time he walked onto campus he screwed this one big time.” is completely asinine, god forbid someone makes a freakin mistake in their lives, not everyone is perfect like you Don sitting behind your computer with your consulting team firmly at the grip of your keyboard. Bravo Don, way to not represent the ND fan base, and believe everything you read on the internet. You must be a French model!

• dickasman - Jan 23, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Riddle me this. Does this moron still have his Facebook and twitter account? Even that dipsht tuiassholesopo got rid of his n I bet manti is already on to another e girlfriend.

• bernhtp - Jan 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Manti says that he’s been staying away from Facebook, Twitter and everything else electronic while he stays in his combine-prep camp focused on football. He admits to not wanting to hear any of the chatter about him.

• don74 - Jan 23, 2013 at 5:32 PM

We disagree. I think he could have managed this far better. However, you are correct about one thing. At 21 I did not exhibit many of the fine qualities Manti has exhibited. Over many years and more screw ups I care to admit to I learned a few lessons. However since you don’t know me there is no reason to make it personal. Never once did I question Manti’s integrity, his contribution to the U and the program. My point is once he signed with an agent he was done with the University and he let the University speak for him. If he didn’t want to face the music his agent could have been his voice. At some point this will be a footnote in a long career but it will never be a highlight.

• buffalomike - Jan 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Good one! Bon Jour

• don74 - Jan 23, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Bern,

That’s my point. He came clean to the agents and they lead him and his parents. Where is the guy who was in control? Where is the guy that prayed on his decisions and made them for himself? Did he stop his conversations with the Heavenly Father and bow to Tom Condon. Come on, the guy was duped but played it poorly from the time found out. Condon was negoitiating with ESPN 1/12. Deadspin comes out 1/17 and the University is holding the bag. At some point he needed to be responsible and he did not do it. Was he a victim, YES. I am sure it was under the advice of his agents but once the story broke he disappeared. Not good.

• bernhtp - Jan 23, 2013 at 9:46 PM

You hire an agent to be your expert and make such decisions, especially in public crisis situations like this where Te’o has zero experience, Te’o pays big money for this service, and it would be insane for him to make the decisions himself.

I do think that Condon let him down. The new team obviously underestimated the possibility that the story would go public before they did.

3. dickasman - Jan 23, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Manti, if it makes you feel any better, I hoaxed a call girl one time. I gave her a fake Louis Vuitton bag for Christmas that my sister brought back from shanghai that she thought it was real Loius. Boy do I feel like a real tuiassholesopo right now.

The moral of the story being that this makes all parties involved really truly pathetic, all of’em!!! Just pathetic. I feel like vomiting. Kids already living a double life. He will do very well in America.

The more stuff that comes out, the more pathetic it gets. BTW, had anyone seen the omera interview? She got some psych in her. What a kocky btch I thought. The whole thing is a one big giant YOWZA!!!

• NotreDan - Jan 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM

hahahaha. Dickiedoo you never disappoint.

• dickasman - Jan 23, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Dan, unlike mantits, I always come armed with truth. Truth will set you free. I felt like I did the right thing. Poor girl didn’t know it was fake and nor did I. This was no fake kelly clarkson burberry knockoff bucket hat, no sir. The purse looked legit as manti hoax. I gave it to her and didn’t feel bad about it because I knew countless other cheap rich aholes that were toting around fakes and guess how many people in this world would know that it was fake? 1 person and that’s me. Well unless that Jennifer person that posts on here is who I gave it to.

• Jennifer - Jan 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM

In your dreams, Dickie. In your wildest dreams…

• dickasman - Jan 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM

THIS IS BEING DELETED. NOT ENJOYING THIS PART OF THE JOB.

• papadec - Jan 25, 2013 at 1:28 AM

jen – you were a lot kinder in your response than I was.

4. NotreDan - Jan 23, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I will repeat myself, as I have from DAY ONE on every news story I can find and make comments on. The more that comes out, the more that we will find that Manti is still the same awesome kid and he was a victim here.

He is still certainly 10 times the kid that johnny casino/arrest record/speeding ticket was, is or ever will be.

• dickasman - Jan 23, 2013 at 4:41 PM

In my eyes, he has fallen a notch. I look at him a big giant loser. He didn’t even get laid. He should just come out now get it all outta the way n say he’s gay.

• tony34343434 - Jan 23, 2013 at 7:27 PM

sounds like you are describing yourself!

• dickasman - Jan 24, 2013 at 1:59 AM

THIS IS GETTING DELETED TOO.

5. pacific123ocean - Jan 23, 2013 at 4:50 PM

It now appears that he was not involved in the hoax. Instead, it shows he is a naive young man, and I will be curious to see how this affect his draft prospects.

• bernhtp - Jan 23, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Manti will get a bit dinged on his leadership potential given the naivete displayed. He will be the butt of jokes for a while until he reestablishes his identity in the pros.

However, this ordeal may give him a bit of a pass on his terrible performance against Alabama. It’s a plausible reason why he so underperformed his otherwise stellar season-long performance.

• dickasman - Jan 24, 2013 at 2:01 AM

So did the whole team get hoaxed? Manti got his excuse. What’s everybody else’s? Oh wait, the entire team knew about the hoax.

6. tony34343434 - Jan 23, 2013 at 7:23 PM

i am biased because i am an alum and love the irish but i dont know how this changes his status at all in the NFL.

Ray Lewis was involved in a murder( now he is mother therese)
    plexico shot himself
    Guy on the cowboys killed his teammmate drunk drivng then showed up on the sidelines
    Guy on the cowboys today caught drunk driving
    half the league caught drunk driving it seems.
    i am exaggerating but almost everyday a guy in the NFL gets arrested

Teo was more than a model citizen at ND he went above and beyond and he was a great student athlete. Whatever happened here he got duped and lied to save face, i admit is bad bizarre story but not criminal. Lets all calm down and put this in perspective. I would love to have him on my team any day and if he falls in the draft the team that gets him have hit the lottery.

• 1historian - Jan 24, 2013 at 8:34 AM

All the examples you mentioned happened while the stars of them were already IN the NFL.

Te’o got duped and when he realized it he lied to save face and because he didn’t have the guts to admit it publicly. So what? Can ANONE out there say he would have done it differently? .

7. philswfc08 - Jan 23, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Pretty easy to see what this really is…those records are from phone calls he made to his REAL boyfriend!

• 1historian - Jan 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM

ok phil – you were waiting for the opportunity to say something REALLY ignorant.

You spotted it, you took advantage of it.

Well done.

Now – go to your room.

8. philswfc08 - Jan 23, 2013 at 7:59 PM

…not that there’s anything wrong with that.

9. dalucks - Jan 23, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Amazing. Over 1000 calls and 500 hours to a girlfriend who did not exist. SMH. I wonder how much time Manti would have spent with her if she was real?
    This story continues to Manti look stupid. Even in his honesty, he looks bad.

10. dutch31 - Jan 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM

If she was real they would fight. Only a fake girlfriend shares all your likes with complete harmony.

I’m sure he could have found a million 22 year old girls that wanted to participate in 4 way scripture readings 5 hours a night.

11. nudeman - Jan 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM

No disrespect to Keith who I know has a journalistic obligation to cover this. But …
    I do not care about the Manti story
    I do not care about Lennay Kekua
    I do not care about phone logs, doctored phone logs or someone named Tuisosopo
    And I do not like green eggs and ham

Three days ago was my birthday. I begged the Lord that this story would go away
    Denied yet again

• jerseyirish10 - Jan 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I have to agree with Nude here. It’s enough. I know Keith has to keep it up to date but really, nothing happened. We get it, kid is duped, he looks silly and is humiliated. He’ll get a ton of jokes for a long time but no one really got hurt or lost anything. I know I won’t be watching that Couric interview tomorrow….sorry, I really just don’t care anymore. I’m happy he is laying it out there (finally), going to move on and so can we.
      Now let’s get some of these stud players (if they fit the mold and roles we need) and look forward to the Spring game….because is it freaking freezing here in NJ right now. I’m also hoping Keith is lining up one of his Top 25 players posts. I really need something better to read.
      Happy Birthday Nude.

• dickasman - Jan 24, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Papadec, what don’t you do us all a favor and come kill me? I really think that it’s time you and I meet in person and take it to the next level you lil btch! Why don’t you create a email address and post it on here you lil btch. I’ll email you back and fly to meet your sht talking a$$.

It’s time u fockface. I’d love to see you try to tell me to my face what you wrote.

• ndirish10 - Jan 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Whoa, Whooooa! What just happened?!! A fight, a fight!!!… As one with a great sophisticated mind once said, “Child, please!!”

• papadec - Jan 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM

dickas – looks like Keith missed one.

12. ndnphx - Jan 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Well, happy birthday, Nude!

For the record, I am also so over this whole mess. It is what it is. On to signing day, building an offense this spring that puts points on the board, and figuring out how to return a punt…

13. 9irish - Jan 23, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Some of you have hit on it already, but I’ll drive the nail in the coffin of this story.

Who cares? No money, no swindling, do death….who cares? They should be chasing after the clowns that pulled this thing on him.

Between this and stories about Beyonce lip-syncing, I’m really wondering why I pay attention to anything anymore.

14. mtflsmitty - Jan 23, 2013 at 11:50 PM

My first time posting on this tragic story, that is sad on a number of levels…

1. Anyone know who that anonymous player was who said the unkind things about Manti? What a jerk.

2. Manti has shown an unbelievable capacity for forgiveness for the kid who orchestrated the hoax. I would have had Carlo’s people take care of him.

3. Manti spend 500+hours on the phone with a girl he thinks he loves. I remember being 21, so I understand. But can you believe what a total loser the girl had to be? Up all night, spending all that time torturing the poor guy. You’d think her conscious might have gotten to her at some point. Soulless and pathetic.

4. Birthday Boy, do I recall correctly that you met Dick Asman to watch a game together early last season? I recall you said he was a good guy. Maybe you had met with someone else, and HE was a good guy. Because one thing has become abundantly clear…the version of Dick Asman that posts here is truly an idiot. I hope he’s a good guy in real life. But here…uninteresting. An absolute bore.

5. I hope Manti’s stock drops enough for the Bears to get him. Would love to root for him as a Bear for the next 15 years.

• nudeman - Jan 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I have never met Mr Asman for an ND game. In fact I’ve never met him period. Having said that … if I had met him I’d be denying it most likely. (Dick … I say that with great affection, son)

I have met don74 for a few games. A solid man, an ND grad and a rare rational voice here. In other words he is the opposite of me and Dr. Asman.

15. yaketyyacc - Jan 24, 2013 at 6:32 AM

hey fellas, remember us? we’re the Notre Dame Football Team. we are going to class, welcoming the new recruits, strengthening ourselves towards the new season, getting down the plays, and cheering on our basketball team. want you to know, in case you are interested in Notre Dame football, and not as Archie Bunker usded to say, ….in Dear Abbbeey.

16. 1historian - Jan 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM

This whole thing has been creepy since day one. People – both posters on various sites and so-called ‘journalists’ have brought up words like ‘saga’, ‘legend’, ‘legacy’, ‘tale’, in order to give it some legitimacy – gravitas – if you will.

Wrong.

A 22 year old kid, naive and trusting beyond his years, was duped by two people for whom the noun to describe people who would do something like what they did – has not yet been invented. When the kid realized he had been duped he didn’t have the guts to tell the whole damn world.

(He among you who is without sin …..)

It was a hoax. If it had happened to some poor kid who was the 2nd string wide receiver from Podunk State none of us would have ever hear, known or cared. But it happened to an All-American linebacker from Notre Dame and he will carry it for the rest of his life.

The proud institution of Notre Dame has been snookered and (with Lent just around the corner) this would be a good time for them to get a nice helping of humility.

The press (?) has been snookered.

It’s still nothing more than a hoax.

Today Manti Te’o does an interview with katie couric, and at that point it becomes a farce.

• 9irish - Jan 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Very well said and I feel the same way. The media made this into a soap opera, which now, when it has turned out to be a scheme, makes it a big “scandal.” Other than that, you could find a thousand stories a week of people doing the same thing. And they just say, “Man, I’m stupid” and move on with their lives.

Gives me more respect for some bigtime Hollywood types that have thrived for years….and they live in undisclosed locations in Idaho or Montana. Learned their lessons.

17. haterhurter937 - Jan 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM

manti is into dudes.

18. kumeknoww - Jan 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM

ANYONE NOTICED THAT THE GIRL IN THE PICTURE WAS MAKING AN ILLUMINATI HAND SIGN?

19. buffalomike - Jan 24, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Let’s face it, this was a hoax that got out of hand. Many people blame Manti but it is the media that should be blamed. They were the one to keep promoting this story. Everytime you turn on the news, there was a story about Manti’s double tragedy. I agree with Nude that this story should have just died as a non-story, but no, the media has egg on their face so they have to turn on Manti for “deceiving” them. Even the South Bend Tribune.com site has a headline that Manti “Lied”. Why did he “lie”, because the media could not get enough of his story and he did not know what to say except to go along with the story until he could get things sorted out.

• jerseyshorendfan1 - Jan 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Happy Birthday nudeman you ole bastard, keep that five bucks you owe me and buy yourself a birthday Guinness…..it’s good for you. I agree with you that it’s time to move on from this story. Keith, more recruiting news please. And dickasman, keep on doing what you do. We wouldn’t recognize a well written, well reasoned, rational post if we didn’t keep on seeing the opposite from you.

20. goirishgo - Jan 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Happy birthday Nude. Can’t find the post that contained your contact info to help with the job search. Can you re-post?

21. csilojohnson - Jan 24, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I don’t know what is more pitiful.Teo falling for that scam, Teo scanning everyone else, or the constant media coverage this has drawn.

• 1historian - Jan 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM

it’s a dead heat

22. 1historian - Jan 25, 2013 at 7:22 AM

The ONLY way this farce is going to die is if we cognoscenti out here in cyberland LET IT.

What does this mean? Any story about it, even if – ESPECIALLY if it is written by someone we trust, like Keith, goes uncommented on.

So – I promise all my faceless friends out in cyberland that I have made my last (incisive, witty, wise) comment on this farce, and want it to DIE the silly death that it deserves.

23. catsnake - Jan 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THIS PHOTO WAS TAKEN IF SHE (THE GIRL IN THE PICTURE) WASN’T INVOLVED????