Feb 6, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
Notre Dame’s wide receiving depth chart just got better this morning, when Philadelphia’s William Fuller sent in his letter-of-intent. Let’s take a look at what the Irish are getting.
Measureables: 6-foot-1, 170-pounds
Accolades: First-team All-State AAAA, All-City per Philadelphia Daily News. First-team All-Southeastern Pennsylvania. MVP of Philadelphia Catholic League. Four-star prospect Rivals, 247, ESPN.
Impressive offers: Penn State, Boston College, Pitt
Projected position: Outside receiver
Quick Take: He might not impress recruiting services and went beneath the radar of many major programs, but Notre Dame thinks they got a steal in Will Fuller. A deep threat with great ball skills, Fuller put together an impressive senior season.
One of Philadelphia’s elite players this season, Fuller is a guy that can run the top off of a defense and also seems to possess a more complete set of skills than Chris Brown did coming into school. A player singled out by the coaching staff for his toughness.
What it means for the Irish roster: Notre Dame adds another vertical threat to the offense, something desperately needed for the Irish to be as explosive as they’d like to be in the passing game. Fuller needs to do some growing into his body, but he’s going to compete, catch everything thrown his way, and potentially contribute on special teams as well. While he was recruited with the versatility to play both offense and defense, after watching his senior tape, the coaching staff expects Fuller to play wide receiver.
Obligatory YouTube highlight tape: Here’s a look at what might be Fuller’s junior highlight reel.
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame 132
- Academic misconduct investigation underway at Notre Dame 58
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season 130
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves 82
- Kelly names Golson starting quarterback 78
- Irish A-to-Z: Max Redfield 56
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame (132)
- Kelly addresses academic investigation (131)
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season (130)
- Phillip Daniels feels confident son DaVaris will be cleared (93)
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves (82)