Mar 22, 2013, 4:24 AM EDT
Departing Notre Dame seniors will have their Pro Day workouts on March 26. While that means media will travel en mass to see if Manti Te’o can improve his 40 time by one or two tenths of a second, it also gives twelve other former Irish football players a chance to workout in front of NFL scouts.
Here’s the list of guys working out:
Mike Golic Jr.
For the players that had invites to the NFL Scouting Combine, this is another data point they can give teams, especially guys like Kapron Lewis-Moore and Jamoris Slaughter, who are rehabbing serious injuries. While Tyler Eifert might not feel the need to run another 40, you should expect the Irish’s running back duo to try and put up a time that’s a little bit more explosive. The same can be said for Zeke Motta, who needs to show a better top gear.
For guys not invited to Indianapolis, this is their one true shot to get noticed. Bengal Bouts champ Chris Salvi will hope to impress a team, and we’ll get to finally see if John Goodman is the elite speed guy we’ve always been hearing about. While the odds might be long for a few guys working out, for Irish fans curious about measureables, finding out little tidbits like Toma’s true height and Ben Turk’s prodigious bench press ability might make following along fun.
- And in that corner… The Stanford Cardinal 24
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Syracuse 95
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 31, Syracuse 15 163
- Pregame Six Pack: Syracuse in the way of perfect September 41
- And in that corner… The Syracuse Orange 34
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 130