Apr 22, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
For those worried that the Irish weren’t taking the Blue-Gold game all that seriously, tuning in one hour before the scrimmage would have alleviated any worry that Notre Dame didn’t take the spring seriously.
The NBC Sports Network aired the most recent behind-the-scenes look at Notre Dame football, with a one-hour special called “Strong and True.” It picked up at a really interesting place to start — after the Irish’s embarrassing loss to Alabama.
You get a chance to see the Irish pick up the pieces and begin to build their 2013 team. That includes a look at the workouts called Camp Kelly, life as a student-athlete, and Amir Carlisle’s eventful spring, with his heartbreaking collarbone injury intricately detailed.
If you missed the show because you tuned in late or had something else to do, UND.com has decided to post the special in its entirety to YouTube. Do yourself a favor and give it a look.
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 41
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64