Jun 5, 2013, 6:39 PM EDT
In one of the great examples of June being the Sahara for college football fans, Notre Dame recruit Elijah Hood, one of the best running backs in the country, got caught up in social media circus yesterday, courtesy of a Vine video he made.
Hood, one of the most active social media users in the recruiting class, and one of the architects of the “Golden Army” campaign for the current ’14 recruiting class, found himself in the crosshairs of Alabama fans when he decided to throw a stack of recruiting letters from the Crimson Tide into the toilet while delivering the punchline “Roll Toilet.”
The video picked up plenty of steam on the internet, hit SEC country quickly, and then exploded all across the web, causing Hood to get hounded on Twitter and eventually take the video down, issuing an apology along the way.
“In regards to my post yesterday, it was wrong and very disrespectful to Alabama,” Hood wrote on Twitter. “My attempt at humor was immature, and wrong I’m sorry.”
As a consolation prize, Hood’s video got Michelle Beadle and The Crossover to talk about it. That’s gotta be worth something.
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame 132
- Academic misconduct investigation underway at Notre Dame 58
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season 130
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves 82
- Kelly names Golson starting quarterback 78
- Irish A-to-Z: Max Redfield 56
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame (132)
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season (130)
- Kelly addresses academic investigation (128)
- Phillip Daniels feels confident son DaVaris will be cleared (91)
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves (82)