Jun 5, 2013, 6:39 PM EDT
In one of the great examples of June being the Sahara for college football fans, Notre Dame recruit Elijah Hood, one of the best running backs in the country, got caught up in social media circus yesterday, courtesy of a Vine video he made.
Hood, one of the most active social media users in the recruiting class, and one of the architects of the “Golden Army” campaign for the current ’14 recruiting class, found himself in the crosshairs of Alabama fans when he decided to throw a stack of recruiting letters from the Crimson Tide into the toilet while delivering the punchline “Roll Toilet.”
The video picked up plenty of steam on the internet, hit SEC country quickly, and then exploded all across the web, causing Hood to get hounded on Twitter and eventually take the video down, issuing an apology along the way.
“In regards to my post yesterday, it was wrong and very disrespectful to Alabama,” Hood wrote on Twitter. “My attempt at humor was immature, and wrong I’m sorry.”
As a consolation prize, Hood’s video got Michelle Beadle and The Crossover to talk about it. That’s gotta be worth something.
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 129
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69