Kelly recaps first day of practice

Aug 5, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT

Fighting Irish quarterback Golson brings the first team offense together during a practice session in Davie, Florida

While the media wasn’t allowed to head to Camp Shiloh, Jack Nolan and the FIDM crew were there to catch up with Brian Kelly after practice. We’ll likely get a video of warm-up drills and the team in helmets and shorts later, but Kelly had this to say about the kickoff to the ’13 season.

“Our guys know how to practice,” Kelly said. “We’re four years into this… It was a good first practice. We’ve laid the groundwork for a lot of good things to happen over the next few days.”

As you’ll see in the video below, Kelly talked about youngsters like Greg Bryant, Will Fuller and Cole Luke, while also citing the work of veterans like Luke Massa and Will Mahone.

For those looking behind the scenes (literally), you can see freshman tight end Durham Smythe working with coach Scott Booker, while Amir Carlisle and Malik Zaire get a few extra reps as well.

***

1. 25kgold - Aug 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Look at what some (classless) bama fans did to the new uni’s: -_-

• dickasman - Aug 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM

ahhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahah……as a ND fan, I hate those basturds but gotta hand it to’em. Its focking hilarious broseph!

It was what it was and it is what it is. We choked when it mattered. I would have made that with lil S&M choke joke in there w gag balls and whips. Good times.

• dillonbigred - Aug 6, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Damn you!. I had gone a few days without going to BR, but got drawn back. The Bama fans are out in droves on the ND page. I guess the Irish lost to the Tide last time they played, the Bama fans must have mentioned that about 15 times on the article about the uniforms.
      I think I need a 12 step program like Bleacher’s Anonymous.

• dickasman - Aug 6, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Paybacks a b!tch…we gonna beat en w Rees at the helm

• nudeman - Aug 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM

C’mon … that’s pretty funny.
      If ND and fans don’t like that, my advice is “play better”.

• dillonbigred - Aug 6, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Yes, it is funny.

• ndfaithful - Aug 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM

oh man…
      You gotta love this…
      for two reasons.
      1. – it’s just funny.
      2. – it will just fuel the fire. every player will see that and remember it and get just a little more po’d.

2. dickasman - Aug 6, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Is it just me or does BK look more like a chunkie version of my favorite coach Chuckie this year?

• 1historian - Aug 6, 2013 at 6:52 PM

you gotta trust me on this one dick – it’s just you