Aug 5, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
While the media wasn’t allowed to head to Camp Shiloh, Jack Nolan and the FIDM crew were there to catch up with Brian Kelly after practice. We’ll likely get a video of warm-up drills and the team in helmets and shorts later, but Kelly had this to say about the kickoff to the ’13 season.
“Our guys know how to practice,” Kelly said. “We’re four years into this… It was a good first practice. We’ve laid the groundwork for a lot of good things to happen over the next few days.”
As you’ll see in the video below, Kelly talked about youngsters like Greg Bryant, Will Fuller and Cole Luke, while also citing the work of veterans like Luke Massa and Will Mahone.
For those looking behind the scenes (literally), you can see freshman tight end Durham Smythe working with coach Scott Booker, while Amir Carlisle and Malik Zaire get a few extra reps as well.
- The good, bad and ugly: Notre Dame vs. Rice 32
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 48, Rice 17 105
- Pregame Six Pack: At long last, the season begins 26
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 8
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 40
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 93