Aug 5, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
While the media wasn’t allowed to head to Camp Shiloh, Jack Nolan and the FIDM crew were there to catch up with Brian Kelly after practice. We’ll likely get a video of warm-up drills and the team in helmets and shorts later, but Kelly had this to say about the kickoff to the ’13 season.
“Our guys know how to practice,” Kelly said. “We’re four years into this… It was a good first practice. We’ve laid the groundwork for a lot of good things to happen over the next few days.”
As you’ll see in the video below, Kelly talked about youngsters like Greg Bryant, Will Fuller and Cole Luke, while also citing the work of veterans like Luke Massa and Will Mahone.
For those looking behind the scenes (literally), you can see freshman tight end Durham Smythe working with coach Scott Booker, while Amir Carlisle and Malik Zaire get a few extra reps as well.
- The good, the bad and the ugly: The 86th annual Blue-Gold game 60
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 76
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12