Offseason cheat sheet: Running backs

Aug 16, 2013, 6:51 PM EST

Atkinson 3

On paper, Notre Dame’s running back depth chart lacks nothing. It has one of the top athletes in college football, a home run threat who averaged more than seven yards a carry in a down year. There are big backs and jitter bugs, elite recruits and dual threats. The only real problem is that nobody on the roster has much for experience.

Of course, running back is the one position where you can conceivably plug and play. For Brian Kelly and his offensive staff, there is a belief that somebody will be effective in the backfield, and even if there’s a committee running the ball, there’s a man for every role.

With a battle that’s conceivably six ways, let’s walk through the candidates for playing time.

POSITIONAL OVERVIEW

Gone are Notre Dame’s two leading backs, with Theo Riddick and Cierre Wood both fighting for jobs in NFL training camps. In their place are a slew of talented players, each with something to bring to the table.

For those that haven’t followed the spring and training camp battles, consider this the one-liner that should get you up to speed:

George Atkinson – Home run threat that lacks pure running back skills.
Cam McDaniel – Pure runner seemingly without any great trait.
Amir Carlisle – Dangerous (and brittle) dual-threat player who might be best out of the slot.
Will Mahone – Once an afterthought, a powerful runner who has impressed during camp.
Greg Bryant — One of the elite freshman skill players in college football. All-around threat.
Tarean Folston – Home run potential with the ability to play multiple spots.

Of course, all of these descriptions are based on reputation, as we’ve only seen Atkinson and McDaniel do much of anything, and neither has done it when the chips were on the table.

For Tony Alford, getting the most out of his position group could come from specialization. Last season, the Irish staff was fine taking advantage of what each back did best. That meant Theo Riddick getting the lion’s share of carries between the tackles even though the converted wide receiver didn’t have the bulk to be a traditional power runner.

With another two weeks of practice before the Irish play Temple, expect each of the six backs to get a good look — if only to help the staff figure out how this group of playmakers can help the team win.

ROSTER READING

Here’s our best guess at a depth chart, with the caveat that 1-6 could be way, way, way off.

1. George Atkinson, Jr. #4
2. Cam McDaniel, Jr. #33
3. Greg Bryant, Fr. #1
4. Amir Carlisle, Jr. #3**
5. Tarean Foston, Fr. #25
6. Will Mahone, Soph. #32

** Carlisle could very well be the Irish’s starting slot receiver come the season opener.

CRYSTAL BALL

There’s no position on the Irish roster where the results could vary like the running back depth chart. In one iteration, George Atkinson becomes one of college football’s big play threats — a guy that could put up stupid numbers by breaking long runs every Saturday. Of course, the staff could get frustrated with Atkinson like they did Cierre Wood last season, putting their stock in a less explosive player just because they like the way he runs the ball.

If that’s the case, look towards Cam McDaniel. After waiting his turn, the junior running back is confident that he’s the guy for the job, with added bulk helping him work through the wear and tear of running between the tackles. McDaniel is a guy that always seems to fall forward, and has looked his best when given garbage time minutes to keep the clock running. Given the chance to run behind the Irish’s top offensive line, McDaniel could be a guy that racks up big time yardage, even if he lacks that elite skill-set that ND fans crave.

Of course, if you are looking for an elite player, Greg Bryant might be your man. The five-star freshman has done nothing but impress with both his versatile skills and sculpted physique. He’s probably not the biggest of fastest back, but he does a ton of things really, really well. Surprising most this fall was Tarean Folston. Checking in at 207 pounds, the big-play threat has the bulk needed to withstand the banging inside the tackles, and the ability to help in the passing attack and return game as well.

Of course, Brian Kelly made a point to mention Will Mahone’s fall camp, with the sophomore impressing as a slot receiver. With the depth chart deep at tailback, Mahone — who looked like the closest thing to a power runner on the roster — has better ball skills than most gave him credit for.

If you’re feeling like this crystal ball looks mighty murky, it’s because there’s no true feeling how this running attack plays out. It could be Atkinson that takes the job and runs, or Bryant that turns into Kelly’s first freshman impact player. Just as likely are big seasons from McDaniel or Carlisle, two guys that can certainly carry the load if needed.

Most likely is a group effort, with each player taking advantage of one thing they do very, very well. It’s not a scheme that’ll make anybody an All-American, but it could help the offense become the most productive unit of the Kelly era.

1. mtflsmitty - Aug 16, 2013 at 7:35 PM

First, Lets celebrate that through the “power of the people” as Eddie Vanderdoes is finally out of our lives for good. Nice job by all to push him off the front page. Cheers!

I simply cannot wait to see how things shake out in the backfield. If our OL is as good as we think it will be, our blockers should be able to get out on the LBs and create some big-time running lanes and space for GA3. A few highlights from last year reminded how fast he is in space. That could be sick!

Alternatively, I’d also love to see Bryant and Folston combine for the best RB tandem in the country for the next four years putting up combined totals of 8,000 career yards.

Part of me would also love to see Cam get his big chance after waiting his turn. Only problem with that scenario would be that that would signal that Cam would be our best option, which would concern me after bringing all those stars.

Any way you slice it, we’re going to be in great shape behind our OL.

GO IRISH!

• runners00 - Aug 17, 2013 at 1:49 PM

With elite athletes like these running backs, you are right: the story is up front. If the offensive line moves people, we win a lot of football games.

2. wisner74 - Aug 16, 2013 at 7:36 PM

This is a fine collection of talented individuals, but if there is a replacement for Theo Riddick’s all-around contributions at that position, I think it’ll have to be from one of the guys who hasn’t played yet. Riddick became a very fine running back and that would have happened sooner if he hadn’t been playing the slot earlier in his career. Atkinson is not well-rounded and McDaniel doesn’t have as much talent as Riddick, although I love him as a player.

Additionally, I’m not sure I share the optimism that the O-Line will certainly be improved this year. A three-year starter at center has to be replaced, and if Lombard moves to guard, that means that everybody to Watts’s right will be a first time starter, or starting at a new position. I’m not being pessimistic about it; there is a lot of talent there. I’m just not taking it for granted.

So overall, while I really hope the running game is going to be improved this year, I guess I’ll believe it when I see it.

3. irishbias - Aug 16, 2013 at 8:17 PM

When asking myself what is the strength of this years offense my answer is simple. The Offensive Line. We are replacing Golic Jr. and Braxton Cave… Cave can be considered a loss, but if the young talent behind them has developed at all since last year I think we will be much improved.

The Irish are talented and deep in the two most important position groupings in a football game. Offensive and Defensive line. And the even better news is that these guys will only get better battling each other every day. From what I have tead there are at least 7 if not 8 guys that can play this year.

If ND limits turnovers they win 10 games easy in the regular season. Based on O line and D line!!!

4. batonrougeirish - Aug 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM

As a fan from LSU land, I see a great resemblance between Cam McDaniel and Jacob Hester.

For those of you who don’t know, Jacob Hester was the starting back for the Tigers when they won the 07 Championship. He wasn’t super athletic but he was a great runner and always got the tough yards. I think of the Florida game that year when LSU was 5 for 5 on fourth down, with Hester playing a key role.

I see a lot of that in Cam, and I think people will be surprised when he gets a chance to prove himself in important situations.

• NotreDan - Aug 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Interesting comparison and great comment. Makes me glad we have such a diverse set of folks contributing here.

If there is one thing it seems McDaniel has, it’s HEART. It goes a long way, especially in CFB where emotion still matters a lot.

• bernhtp - Aug 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM

The problem for Cam is the depth. He does have tremendous heart and great running instincts and technique. However, this is also true of Amir, for example, who has all of that plus and amazing speed bust and quickness.

All six backs are very talented. Several will see time at RB and in the slot. Some won’t see much outside of ST. I would imagine that a frosh not making it into the top four will warrant a redshirt.

BTW, I loved Cam’s tweets with Nix after he hit the wrong side of the gauntlet.

Nix: Lol @cammcdaniel4 “You guys are freaking kidding me.”
        McDaniel: @1IrishChocolate haha in TX we make our blasters accessible at both ends … Never had to think about it til now!
        Nix: @cammcdaniel4 It didn’t make you move so you’re good bro #TexasStrong
        McDaniel: @1IrishChocolate It was better than running into you. I promise you that bud.

5. rdw71 - Aug 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I think the key piece of info not available to us (and perhaps not even to the coaches yet) is “Who’s the best at picking up the blitz?” This was one of Theo’s advantages over Cierre, and will be even more important with Rees at QB. If McDaniel does that well, he’s the obvious 3rd down back, with Carlisle or Bryant in the slot or perhaps in the I with the option of sending them in motion.. I’m going to guess it isn’t GAIII, which automatically makes him not an every down back. Folson and Mahone see the field once they show they can pick up the blitz as well as McDaniel while offering some other weapons Cam doesn’t have.

• mtflsmitty - Aug 17, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Nice insight to a critical aspect of the position I too often forget about.. Great points. Thx.

6. irish4006 - Aug 16, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Although I love Keith’s work (except when he is talking about “locker room revolt” citing “inside sources”, a.k.a. Eifert), I have to say that this is not one of his best. There is absolutely nothing in this post, no information that we didn’t know. :-(

• NotreDan - Aug 17, 2013 at 11:34 AM

KA has access to information we don’t (I think) and from what I’ve read, watched and guessed at, I think he’s right on with this entry.

It’s understandable that you may have a “black and white” mind that desires clarity, however, there is little-to-no clarity in the RB battle. This post captures that situation pretty well.

Personally, I’m hoping Bryant emerges as an almost-every-down back, but the truth is (my opinion) lots of these guys contribute. My fear is that the staff hangs with GAIII too long if he hasn’t learn to run low and block.

• nudeman - Aug 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I’m pulling for GAIII, but only if he earns it.

“Earning it” would mean running between the tackles, plugging away for 3-4 yards, maybe catch a ball here and there.

You have to admit, if ND has a 220 lb guy with world class speed who can play the position like that, it would be a very good thing.

Mix in a little Bryant/Folston/Cam here and there and you’ve got a dynamite running game.
        Helps Rees immensely

• irish4006 - Aug 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Yes, notredan, KA has access to information we don’t… which is precisely the reason why I expect a little more than what we already “read, watched and guessed at”, it is not about black and white. The article only repeats things we have been reading about for last few months, which is surprising considering the fact we are so close to the start of the season and have been through majority of practice sessions. Also, from a pure literary point of view, every paragraph probably shouldn’t start with the phrase “Of course…”.

• NotreDan - Aug 17, 2013 at 12:46 PM

4006: So, what you’re saying, is that KA is a bad person (writer?) because what… he has information he isn’t telling us? If he had “new” information, we’d have it too. Additionally, I believe these “cheat sheets” are precisely for people who haven’t been obsessing all off season.

• irish4006 - Aug 17, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Good point on the cheat sheet…

I write my share of “great job, Keith” posts, but I also feel that it is important to provide a balanced feedback and not just keep patting each other on the back. I am not saying he is withholding information (you are totally missing the point here), I am saying that he didn’t demonstrate that he had any more information than the random fan on the street.

• irish4006 - Aug 17, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Also, this blog is my primary source of all ND information. I get 90%+ of my information on ND from Keith and the posters here.

If I thought Keith was a bad person/writer, I wouldn’t be spending so much time going through every article/comment posted here. I think it is in our collective best interest to provide positive/constructive feedback on articles that we feel strongly about.

• shortylongman - Aug 17, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I thought Keith acquitted himself well. Plug and play. I too am a 90%er here and see no need to criticize. Not much has been said about GAIII in the slot. If straight up running is the knock (or the gift) it seems like he’s the right burner for that spot.

7. 25kgold - Aug 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Very interesting insight about the Irish Offense:

• mtflsmitty - Aug 17, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Almost impossible to think that article was on BR. It was insightful, and reasonably well written. thx, Gold.

• 25kgold - Aug 17, 2013 at 1:39 AM

NP

• irishbornraised - Aug 17, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Except that they called GA3 a power back

8. irishdog80 - Aug 17, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Our offensive line will be improved over last year. Our stable of playmakers is well stocked. If Rees can keep it together, we should be better on offense than last year.

The key is to get some big plays out of the slot this year and Amir Carlisle and CJ Prosise are… potentially… light years better than our slot play last year. Both have true big play ability that will help to create space for Atkinson and others to run. The slot has to be Carlisle’s position… he will be less likely to take the big hit if he is allowed to operate in space where he can slip and slide and burst away from head hunters.

I have always been a fan of teams that innovate on offense with formations that play to the team’s strengths… think about Harbaugh and Stanford with their power formations or the original spread formations. Why not line up with 4 Tight Ends in a goal line formation? Or use Jaylon Smith in the backfield with two offensive linemen in goal line formation? Make the other team burn a timeout or overthink their defense. It is all about creating mismatches and Notre Dame has the talent to dictate the matchups. We just need to do it.

• mdirish - Aug 17, 2013 at 7:54 AM

I keep seeing comments made that our offensive line will be better this year than last and I need some help understanding why everyone is so confident in that. I thought Cave was considered one of the best centers in college football? I get that Golic struggled but do we really know these new guys will be better? I would love to see something deeper on why we think we’ll be improved. My gut tells me we will be but I’d like to base it on something more than just my gut.

• dudeacow - Aug 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Cave was a third team All-American, and while no one thinks that Martin will be that good, we expect almost no drop off. Cave overwhelmed with strength, but lacked great technique. Martin will never be as strong, but his technique is already better than Cave’s. BK recently said that he would take technique over strength any day. And as for Golic, he was really just a backup that was starting. Whoever starts at RG will be better than him. Finally, it’s Heistand’s second year, so the line should be fully gelled.

• irishdog80 - Aug 17, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Cave was a physical beast, but Martin is a better athlete. In today’s football, I will always take the better athlete at center over the bigger/stronger guy… strength will only take you so far if you can’t move. The better athlete will get to the edge/advantage more often. And we all know Golic was there just because there weren’t very many options. Stanley has forced his way into the equation due to superior talent and will move Lombard to his more natural postion at guard. The result is an upgrade on the right side at guard and tackle and center will be, at worst, a pus. The offensive line will be better.

9. onward2victory - Aug 17, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Keith, congrats on writing the first article in all of the Internet to talk about GA3 and NOT mention the term “pad level”. Well done sir.

10. onward2victory - Aug 17, 2013 at 2:57 AM

Also, question for you guys: If you put the race-bias aside, do you think Cam McDaniel is a similar back to Darius Walker from a few years ago? Maybe it’s just me, but it seems like they have a similar build, athletic ability, and running style. Where would a junior-year Walker rank among these current ND backs?

• 4horsemenrideagain - Aug 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM

good point. he runs north and south just like walker did. the race-bias point is valid as well and i admit before i read your comment, i usually compared mcdaniel to other white backs too, though the comparison to walker is the closest one i’ve heard. i’m not sure where how he matches up with the others on speed and power, but he catches balls out of the backfield as least as well as the others and reads the blocks/knows where the hole will be probably better than all of them. i hope he gets some carries this year when they count.

11. yaketyyacc - Aug 17, 2013 at 7:23 AM

it looks like coach Kelly has read Henry Ford’s book on interchanging players without losing rhythm, harmony, experience, or talent. and the backs, represent diverse abilities that will make a defense sweat. and how about the receivers? and so on….
    either this is going to be a great great team, or the hype has out hyped the hype.
    and thanks to all the prior posts for good sensible assessments. you guys are on the money.
    Run Irish Run!

12. ndgoldandblue - Aug 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I just hope that someone other than GAIII gets a legitimate shot at being a serious contributor. Don’t get me wrong, I love Atkinson. How could you not love a guy who has the kind of speed that Atkinson possesses? But, it seems like he’s an all or nothing kind of running back. He’s the Adam Dunn of college football–homerun or strikeout.

The thing is…BK has a tendency to stick with what he knows. And very rarely does he take a gamble on unproven, yet talented players. Starting Keivarae Russell at corner last year was a complete shock to me. I thought I’d never see a bold move like that from Kelly. Anyway, I just hope that he can be bold enough to give another running back an actual chance at serious playing time. Go with the best running back, not with the guy who’s been there the longest. Sometimes it’s not always best to go with the devil you know over the devil you don’t know. As we saw with Russell last year, the devil you don’t know might not be a devil at all.

• bernhtp - Aug 17, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Braxton was very good, but not elite. He wasn’t one of the best centers in college football; he wasn’t picked in the NFL draft.

We might see some early growing pains at the center position, but I expect it to be near to what it was last year, and with some possible upside. The left side will be stronger, the right side will be about the same (maybe better), and the center will be close, IMO. Overall, a slight bit better.

• nudeman - Aug 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM

The Adam Dunn analogy is a good one. GAIII is always looking to go 76 yards but that’s not what RBs do. They plug away, turn a loss into a 1 yard gain then gain 4 yards on the next carry, etc. They pick up blitzes as has been mentioned here.

No reason GAIII shouldn’t be a good blocker with his size and there’s also no reason that – by now, in his 3rd year – he shouldn’t have some acceptable ball skills. I really hope he’s worked hard on that, because GAIII catching a pass out in the flat with a little room could be an awesome thing to watch.

• wisner74 - Aug 17, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Nude, I had exactly the same reaction to the Adam Dunn comparison. Atkinson is far from a complete player, but, boy, can he be exciting! I also like Bern’s assessment of the O-Line. Let’s hope Kelly isn’t just blowing smoke about Martin’s ability at center. Overall, I certainly want to believe the running game will be better than last year, but I suspect that the Riddick/Wood combination might prove to be harder to replace than some people think. In any event, It will probably take at least a few games before the running game is hitting on all cylinders.

BTW, Nude, the ’11 ND/Michigan game is on the Big Ten Network right now. Hope you’re watching. Rees has thrown a couple of interceptions. It’s 17-7 ND in the 3rd Q. But we all know how this ends.

I read in an earlier post that you went to Viators. What year did you graduate? I went to Notre Dame of Niles, class of ’70. I was also interested to read about the Fenwick connections here. I’m married to a Trinity HS girl, and both my brothers-in-law went to Fenwick.

• nudeman - Aug 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Viator ’72
        Went to grade school with Luzinski’s younger brother who played shortstop at ND
        As you know, Greg Luzinski was a star FB at ND HS
        I heard that if UND offered him a schollie he’d have gone there and played football

• NotreDan - Aug 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Agree completely ndgold…. hoping they don’t stick with GAIII on the hopes he’ll break a big one.

13. bearcatirishfan - Aug 17, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Anyone know what’s going on with this recent practice video drought?

• NotreDan - Aug 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM

KA is hung over

• nudeman - Aug 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM

LOFL

• bearcatirishfan - Aug 17, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Nah they aren’t posting anything on und.com either, Keith two excederine migraine strength some hash browns and a poop should wipeout that hangover just fine.

• NotreDan - Aug 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM

don’t forget the tomato beer!

• bearcatirishfan - Aug 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Is that a reference to a Bloody Mary? Or is there a tomato and beer cocktail out there that has somehow escaped my attention?

• NotreDan - Aug 17, 2013 at 1:26 PM

tomato beer:

1 can ice cold V8 juice (or bloody mary mix)
        1 can ice cold beer
        HOT SAUCE
        2 cups
        You and 1 hungover friend

50/50 beer and V8 (pour beer first then V8), load it up with hot sauce. Drink quickly. Repeat.

• papadec - Aug 17, 2013 at 1:56 PM

If we don’t have access to practice videos, then opposing coaches don’t have access either. I can live with that!

• mtflsmitty - Aug 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I suspect the blackout is either A) a total shut down of practice from outsiders of any kind to increase team focus (has anyone heard anything like that?), or B) Someone in charge of editing is on vacation or sick.

I can’t believe it’s a matter keeping competitors blind. There’s not that much value in the video, I don’t think.

• irishaggie - Aug 17, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Irishillustrated.com has been posting practice highlights and player interviews almost daily. And it looks like there is plenty of media at these practices so it is definitely not because theyre trying to hide stuff.

14. fnc111 - Aug 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Let’s cut to the chase. Cam and Bryant will be the guys with the most carries this year.

15. martyhealy - Aug 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM

After 30 plus years a simple tweak , turning that damn gauntlet machine to the correct position will unleash ND back to glory

• wisner74 - Aug 17, 2013 at 12:10 PM

No Doubt!

16. irishaggie - Aug 17, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Experience is important, but if you have talent its no biggie. Last year Georgia started two true freshmen running backs and still had one of the best rushing attacks in the SEC. If the O line is good, we’re going to run the ball at will on people gaining experience in the process.

17. jem5b - Aug 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Keith and all; Spond’s gone for the season. Medical.
    Twitter

Taylor Swift
    #MUFC
    #OneDirectionSavedOurLife
    Demi Lovato
    Love More
    Aston Villa
    © 2013 TwitterAboutHelpTermsPrivacyBlogStatusAppsResourcesJobsAdvertisersBusinessesMediaDevelopersDirectory
    Eric Hansen
    Eric Hansen
    @hansenNDInsider
    Notre Dame football beat writer for the South Bend Tribune. Co-host for Budweiser’s Weekday SportsBeat on WSBT-AM 960, WSBT-FM 96.1 & http://wsbtradio.com
    South Bend, IN · southbendtribune.com/ndsports
    13,187
    TWEETS
    212
    12,249
    Tweets
    Eric Hansen ‏@hansenNDInsider 13m
    Kelly said freshman RB Tarean Folston missed practice because of death in the family.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Eric Hansen ‏@hansenNDInsider 15m
    Ben Councell and freshman Jaylon Smith will tag team at Spond’s drop linebacker spot.
    Eric Hansen ‏@hansenNDInsider 16m
    Kelly addressed Tuitt buzz about weight etc. and said he’s happy with his progress. He said Tuitt couldn’t do core work in summer.
    Eric Hansen ‏@hansenNDInsider 18m
    #NotreDame coach Brian Kelly said Spond family will release statement. He said Spond will be a student coach and travel with the team.
    Eric Hansen ‏@hansenNDInsider 27m
    #NotreDame freshman linebacker Doug Randolph will undergo shoulder surgery and miss the season.
    Eric Hansen ‏@hansenNDInsider 30m
    Starting OLB Danny Spond announced to the #NotreDame football team he is giving up football for medical reasons.

• papadec - Aug 17, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Also reported @ irishsportsdaily & that he will remain as a student coach. More from his family later.

• idratherbeinsouthbend - Aug 17, 2013 at 3:40 PM

somebody has been practicing their copy and paste skills huh?

18. mtflsmitty - Aug 17, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Shame about Spond. But if he’s making the decision for his health, then I admire his acceptance of what God has in store for him. Tough break though. I’m sure he’s pretty torn up about it. Glad he’ll still participate as a player coach.

19. don74 - Aug 17, 2013 at 2:06 PM

One of the interesting things written about today’s practice is Williams on DE instead of LB. I think he’s better suited to play that position rather than LB.

Injuries are starting to come into play.

20. domerboyirish - Aug 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I loved the comment that Cam McDaniel always falls forward. That just reminds me of Anthony Johnson back in ’88. The other team KNEW that he was getting the handoff and he still got five yards. He always fell forward. That is the benefit of haing a great O-Line and a tough grind it out kind of running back. That’s what I think we’ll see with this group this year. I can see McDaniel as the go to guy late in the game when players are worn out and we just need a fresh guy to come in and safely and soundly pound the rock!

21. fnc111 - Aug 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Spond’s career is done. These past two weeks have been way too quiet. You knew the injury bug would hit before Aug. 31. Best of luck to DS in the future.

22. twebb2 - Aug 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Regarding the running backs, I’m really not worried. I think that they’re a talented group and that one or more will work into a fine rotation.

Man, too bad about Spond! I hope he does stay as a coach.

23. fnc111 - Aug 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM

smitty, I think most people refer to you as long winded, wrap it up, or they just skip by your pointless post. Same goes for onward2. Narcissistic much? I can’t wait to see you two on this board when Kelly leaves ND.

• dillonbigred - Aug 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM

You just can’t help yourself, can you? Sad.

• nudeman - Aug 18, 2013 at 11:25 AM

No fnc, smitty is fine. A good poster here. He actually has decent thoughts and some insight
      Unlike your monotone drivel that no one can stand
      You are just a full of shit guy
      The type who was always picked last, batted 9th and played right field

• baldyscotsman - Aug 20, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Nude,

I played right field last night in softball–easy with that jab…..Just kidding. FCN11 is just having a hard time. Give him a break, he is trying so hard to tick people off he is now attacking comments that are not even worth attacking.

24. jem5b - Aug 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM

My apology for the screwy paste job. Maybe KA can edit it.