Aug 31, 2013, 11:07 AM EDT
With the No. 14 Fighting Irish set to kickoff the season at 3:30pm ET, there are a whole bunch of options for you to follow along with the game this afternoon. Let’s go through some of your options.
* Watch the national broadcast of the Irish vs. Temple on NBC. That now includes a 30-minute pregame show live from Notre Dame Stadium hosted by Liam McHugh, who’s joined by Hines Ward and Doug Flutie.
* Stream the game live at NBCSports.com. If you can’t watch the game on TV, you’re in luck. As with all Notre Dame home games, NBC Sports will also be live-streaming the broadcast here. The game will be available around the globe in HD, with full DVR functionality, and even includes a live-chat moderated by me. (Not sure if that last part is a bonus or not…)
* Chat about the game here. As usual, you can follow the live-chat here on the Inside the Irish blog, which I’ll be hosting along with the guys from IrishIllustrated.com. That should make the chat experience much better, and will be a great way to get some of your recruiting questions answered. So if you’re home watching the game and in front of a laptop, drop by and saying hello to the old crew that’s been getting together for what is now our fifth season.
* Drop by before and after the game as well. It’ll be a busy day here at the Inside the Irish HQ, so keep popping in and out. Today’s plan includes some final pregame thoughts, the live blog, and then our first Five Things We Learned of the season.
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 129
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69