Game Day is here

Aug 31, 2013, 11:07 AM EDT

Getty Images - Jonathan Daniel Getty Images

With the No. 14 Fighting Irish set to kickoff the season at 3:30pm ET, there are a whole bunch of options for you to follow along with the game this afternoon. Let’s go through some of your options.

* Watch the national broadcast of the Irish vs. Temple on NBC. That now includes a 30-minute pregame show live from Notre Dame Stadium hosted by Liam McHugh, who’s joined by Hines Ward and Doug Flutie.

* Stream the game live at NBCSports.com. If you can’t watch the game on TV, you’re in luck. As with all Notre Dame home games, NBC Sports will also be live-streaming the broadcast here. The game will be available around the globe in HD, with full DVR functionality, and even includes a live-chat moderated by me. (Not sure if that last part is a bonus or not…)

* Chat about the game here. As usual, you can follow the live-chat here on the Inside the Irish blog, which I’ll be hosting along with the guys from IrishIllustrated.com. That should make the chat experience much better, and will be a great way to get some of your recruiting questions answered. So if you’re home watching the game and in front of a laptop, drop by and saying hello to the old crew that’s been getting together for what is now our fifth season.

* Drop by before and after the game as well. It’ll be a busy day here at the Inside the Irish HQ, so keep popping in and out. Today’s plan includes some final pregame thoughts, the live blog, and then our first Five Things We Learned of the season.

1. NotreDan - Aug 31, 2013 at 11:15 AM

All together now….

GO IRISH!!!

• NotreDan - Aug 31, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I’ll re-rell a story…

I moved to Michigan in 2002, into the heart of Wolverine and Spartan nation, not to mention the rest of the Big10.

Needless to say I was in the minority as far as football loyalty goes.

Part of my job was running the budget for my company. I had to send out spreadsheets to all the department heads for them to complete their budgets in (about 40 of them).

Each spreadsheet had to have a password, it had 7 characters, and it was this:

GOIRISH

• papadec - Aug 31, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Dan – I love it!

2. yogihilt - Aug 31, 2013 at 11:22 AM

About time!

3. ndgoldandblue - Aug 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM

“Not sure if that last part is a bonus or not…” This is why I love your blog, Keith. Every once in a while, you throw out a little self-deprecation. A little humility goes a long way toward connecting to your audience.

• nudeman - Aug 31, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Ditto
      Far as I’m concerned … BONUS

• dickasman - Aug 31, 2013 at 1:18 PM

It would be if Keith wasn’t such a control freak and never post my comments :-)

It’s funny cuz when I post with name like “mikeinsb” it gets posted

• dickasman - Aug 31, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Nude, bonus as in like when you’re on a first date and you’re only expecting sax and you get the full a2m treatment?

• NotreDan - Aug 31, 2013 at 1:51 PM

a2m? pee-you

4. goirishgo - Aug 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Go Irish! I’m fired up for this season!