Sep 28, 2013, 1:44 PM EDT
They don’t get much better than this weekend. With No. 14 Oklahoma visiting No. 22 Notre Dame, two of the traditional powers in college football square off in South Bend for only the second time since 1968. With a combined 18 national championships, 12 Heisman Trophies and 261 consensus All-Americans, the game is being deemed “The Battle of Champions” (at least on the t-shirt being sold at the Hammes Bookstore).
A pilgrimage for Sooner football fans, they’ll be greeted by a “Green Out” inside Notre Dame Stadium. For those not lucky enough to be there in person, we’ve got you covered here. Starting at 3 p.m. ET, a live pregame show from Notre Dame Stadium will be airing on NBCSN. At 3:30 p.m. the game will stream live here, with HD coverage, DVR capabilities, and multiple camera angles at your disposal.
As usual, we’ll be chatting live here, joined by our friends at IrishIllustrated.com. Join in the fun as the Irish play as home underdogs for the first time this season. Keep it clean, keep it clever, and keep calm as the Irish try and spring a minor upset and bolster their BCS hopes this afternoon.
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 81
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69