Oct 14, 2013, 1:51 PM EDT
Last year, Notre Dame caught a break when quarterback Matt Barkley wasn’t able to play against the Irish. They might catch a similar break if All-American wide receiver Marqise Lee‘s knee injury keeps the Trojan’s best player off the field on Saturday.
The Biletnikoff winning wide receiver watched the Trojan offense explode in Ed Orgeron’s debut as USC’s interim head coach last Thursday night, but hopes he’s healed enough to make it onto the field in South Bend Saturday night.
Various reports surrounding the Trojan beat had Lee doing some individual work at practice on Sunday, but did not participate in any team work. Orgeron gave an update on a fairly lengthy injured list on Sunday and had Lee among those questionable along with linebacker Morgan Breslin, fellow receiver Victor Blackwell and a handful of others.
Injuries have plagued USC, limiting an already undermanned Trojan roster early this season. But even without Lee, the Trojans broke loose through the air against Arizona, with Nelson Agholor leading the way with seven catches for 161 yards and a touchdown as Cody Kessler threw for 297 yards on just 15 completions.
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 129
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69