Oct 14, 2013, 1:51 PM EST
Last year, Notre Dame caught a break when quarterback Matt Barkley wasn’t able to play against the Irish. They might catch a similar break if All-American wide receiver Marqise Lee‘s knee injury keeps the Trojan’s best player off the field on Saturday.
The Biletnikoff winning wide receiver watched the Trojan offense explode in Ed Orgeron’s debut as USC’s interim head coach last Thursday night, but hopes he’s healed enough to make it onto the field in South Bend Saturday night.
Various reports surrounding the Trojan beat had Lee doing some individual work at practice on Sunday, but did not participate in any team work. Orgeron gave an update on a fairly lengthy injured list on Sunday and had Lee among those questionable along with linebacker Morgan Breslin, fellow receiver Victor Blackwell and a handful of others.
Injuries have plagued USC, limiting an already undermanned Trojan roster early this season. But even without Lee, the Trojans broke loose through the air against Arizona, with Nelson Agholor leading the way with seven catches for 161 yards and a touchdown as Cody Kessler threw for 297 yards on just 15 completions.
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Pregame Six Pack: Send off at Stanford 43
- And in that corner… The Stanford Cardinal 55
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. BYU 45