Oct 19, 2013, 6:50 PM EST
On a weekend where five ranked teams have already fallen, and a few more are likely to go down as well, Notre Dame and USC will battle to see who can likely work their way back into the Top 25. The battle for the Jeweled Shillelagh might not be the highest profile game of the day, but it’s still one with plenty of significance.
The Irish have a chance to climb to 5-2 on the season, positioning themselves well for a late season push. Meanwhile, Ed Orgeron has a chance to join just John Robinson and Paul Hackett as USC coaches to beat the Irish in their first meeting.
After a bye week getting healthy, the Irish will turn on the lights and take on USC in primetime in front of a few dozen elite recruits. As usual, you’ve got a few ways to follow along. For an HD livestream of the game, with built in DVR capabilities, check out the game here.
Otherwise, join the chat below that I’ll be hosting with our friends over at IrishIllustrated.com. Standard rules apply. Keep it clean, do your best to stay positive, and let’s enjoy the 85th battle between Notre Dame and USC, the greatest intersectional rivalry in college football.
- Bob Diaco accepts the UConn head coaching job 3
- Stay or go? Stephon Tuitt has a big decision to make 17
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Pregame Six Pack: Send off at Stanford 43