Oct 23, 2013, 6:54 PM EDT
While the weekend got off to an early start with the commitment of slot receiver Isaiah McKenzie, no other recruits pulled the trigger after visiting South Bend for the Notre Dame-USC game. But that doesn’t mean the weekend wasn’t a positive.
The Irish entertained several big names last weekend, making positive strides with keystone guys like defensive tackle Matt Elam, Dallas defensive back duo Nick Watkins and Payton Hendrix, Chicago linebacker Nyles Morgan, safety JuJu Smith, Alabama running back commitment Bo Scarbrough, and tight end Tyler Luatua.
But if you’re looking for one of the best recruiting jobs to take place over the weekend, look no further than Brooklyn, New York. That’s where current Irish commit Jay Hayes went to watch elite defensive tackle Thomas Holley play and sold the Irish in a really impressive way.
Here’s a video that gives you a first-hand look at how impressive Hayes is as a person, speaking intelligently as a recruit and all but reciting the Notre Dame sales pitch. (For as polished as Hayes is as a student-athlete, he might be an even better dresser.)
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 128
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69