Oct 26, 2013, 2:56 PM EST
As the Irish get set to take on Air Force without Louis Nix anchoring their defensive front, Bob Diaco’s defense is getting a good look at what life will be like in the post-Irish Chocolate era. For now, they’ll be able to slide Stephon Tuitt inside and use senior Kona Schwenke on the interior, but it’s a good test for the young depth on the Irish’s defensive front.
Speaking of young players, freshman Steve Elmer will move into the starting lineup, the first of what looks like many starts for the promising youngster. Elmer had already been spelling Christian Lombard at guard, but it’ll be an interesting challenge for the freshman, who will take on quicker, undersized players the next two weeks.
As usual, we’re here with our friends from Irish Illustrated to chat throughout the game. For some of you, we’ll be your eyes and ears. Stop by, stick around, and chat as the Irish take on the Falcons.
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Pregame Six Pack: Send off at Stanford 43
- And in that corner… The Stanford Cardinal 54
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. BYU 45
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) (96)
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford (79)
- Friday notes: Additions, Bowls, Coaches and Departures (70)
- Notre Dame accepts bid to play in Pinstripe Bowl (68)
- Rumors swirl as Chuck Martin looks headed for Miami (OH) head job (29)