Oct 26, 2013, 2:56 PM EST
As the Irish get set to take on Air Force without Louis Nix anchoring their defensive front, Bob Diaco’s defense is getting a good look at what life will be like in the post-Irish Chocolate era. For now, they’ll be able to slide Stephon Tuitt inside and use senior Kona Schwenke on the interior, but it’s a good test for the young depth on the Irish’s defensive front.
Speaking of young players, freshman Steve Elmer will move into the starting lineup, the first of what looks like many starts for the promising youngster. Elmer had already been spelling Christian Lombard at guard, but it’ll be an interesting challenge for the freshman, who will take on quicker, undersized players the next two weeks.
As usual, we’re here with our friends from Irish Illustrated to chat throughout the game. For some of you, we’ll be your eyes and ears. Stop by, stick around, and chat as the Irish take on the Falcons.
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121
- Notre Dame announces Campus Crossroads Project 39