Nov 2, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Ken Niumatalolo brings his Navy team to South Bend, trying to undo the past two years of Notre Dame domination after the Midshipmen’s best stretch in over 50 years. Without starting fullback Noah Copeland and starting slotback Darius Staten, Navy’s triple option will likely depending more on sophomore quarterback Keenan Reynolds, a talented player who has the chance to be a great triggerman for the Navy offense.
Without Louis Nix in the middle of the defense, the Irish will again employ the masses to stop an option attack. That means more Stephan Tuitt on the inside, as well as contributions from lesser known reserves like Justin Utupo and Kendall Moore. It also means another opportunity to see Jaylon Smith all over the field, playing the best football of his young career the last few weeks.
The clocks won’t change until tonight, but the weather seems to have gotten a jump start, with the game-time temperature in the mid-40s and dropping, with a 50 percent chance of rain.
As usual, we’ll be chatting about the game with our friends from Irish Illustrated. You can also watch the game on NBC, with a 30-minute pregame show airing on NBCSN before the game. If you can’t make it to a TV, we’ve got you covered with a livestream of the game, with an HD feed, DVR capabilities and a multiple camera angles at your disposal.
So join us for one of college football’s most historic rivalries as Notre Dame and Navy do battle at 3:30 p.m. ET.
- For Golson, challenges won’t disappear now that he’s at FSU 49
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 38
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 105
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 172