Nov 23, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
In case you missed it, the NBC pregame show had a wonderful feature on Danny Spond, giving you a window into the life of the senior linebacker, who has had to transition from the starting lineup to life after football because of severe migraine headaches.
Spond rise about adversity has been one of the very wonderful stories of the season, watching a young man deal with a life-changing event in such a positive way. It’s hard to watch Spond’s father Don as he talks about not being able to see his son play football one last time.
Equally wonderful was Brian Kelly’s response to Spond addressing the team after being awarded the game ball after the Air Force victory, a game where Spond served as a game captain as the Irish played in front of his family and friends near his hometown in Colorado.
“That dude’s going to be president some day,” Kelly said.
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 31
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 103
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 171
- ESPN Report: Golson plans to transfer 18