Dec 8, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
After visiting Notre Dame multiple times, 2015 offensive lineman Tristen Hoge gave his commitment to the Irish coaching staff over the weekend, adding another key building block for the future. The six-foot-4, 285-pound Idaho native chose Notre Dame over an elite set of early offers, giving Harry Hiestand another top lineman prospect.
Hoge already had offers from Florida, LSU, Stanford, UCLA and a dozen more before choosing Notre Dame. By whatever rating system you follow, he’s one of the top linemen in the 2015 class, and projects as a guard or center at the next level.
If early success is any indication, Harry Hiestand’s third offensive line recruiting class is stacking up to be just as good as his other two. Hoge will join Jerry Tillery in the junior group. The 2014 class includes elite prospects Alex Bars and Quenton Nelson, along with Jimmy Byrne and Sam Mustipher.
Hoge is the third commitment to the 2015 class. Quarterback Blake Barnett committed to the Irish after the BYU game.
- The good, bad and ugly: Notre Dame vs. Rice 66
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 48, Rice 17 109
- Pregame Six Pack: At long last, the season begins 26
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 8
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 40
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 93