OL Tristen Hoge pledges to ’15 class

Dec 8, 2013, 10:21 AM EST

Tristen Hoge

After visiting Notre Dame multiple times, 2015 offensive lineman Tristen Hoge gave his commitment to the Irish coaching staff over the weekend, adding another key building block for the future. The six-foot-4, 285-pound Idaho native chose Notre Dame over an elite set of early offers, giving Harry Hiestand another top lineman prospect.

Hoge already had offers from Florida, LSU, Stanford, UCLA and a dozen more before choosing Notre Dame. By whatever rating system you follow, he’s one of the top linemen in the 2015 class, and projects as a guard or center at the next level.

If early success is any indication, Harry Hiestand’s third offensive line recruiting class is stacking up to be just as good as his other two. Hoge will join Jerry Tillery in the junior group. The 2014 class includes elite prospects Alex Bars and Quenton Nelson, along with Jimmy Byrne and Sam Mustipher.

Hoge is the third commitment to the 2015 class. Quarterback Blake Barnett committed to the Irish after the BYU game.

1. windycityirish - Dec 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I must say the recruiting under BK & Co has been very impressive. Glad to welcome this young man aboard

#ShamrockSoldiers15 is up to 3

• dudeacow - Dec 8, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Aw man, they didn’t go with #LeapingLeprechauns15? I thought that was a great moniker.

• windycityirish - Dec 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Sounds too similar to Leaping Larry’s.

2. ndadvocate - Dec 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Nice! It’s all about the big guys in the trenches.

3. ndnapa - Dec 8, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Kelly’s OL recruiting has put ND into a plug-and-play situation. They are set up for a long run of success offensively with the depth not only on the line but at QB, WR, TE and RB.

If they can add Elam and Morgan, and I believe they will, this will be a superb class, with the genesis of another great class already in place for 2015. Spectacular job by Kelly and his staff.

4. seanb20124 - Dec 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM

With all the concussions that Hoge suffered playing football, I am surprised his nephew was allowed to play football

5. paulhargis53 - Dec 8, 2013 at 5:38 PM

This guy should help them make the 2016 Pinstripe bowl!

The fricking Pinstripe bowl? Ahahahaha!

• italianirish - Dec 8, 2013 at 8:06 PM

OH DAMN! Paulhargis BURNED us! Treated!

• nudeman - Dec 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Love Paul

• rationalnd - Dec 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Paul,

I’ve noticed your presence here the last few days. As it continues I am sure of one thing.

NDNATION lives rent free in that sad head of yours.

An open question to NDNATION:

Do you think Paul spends more time hating on ND or actually rooting for his team?

• 4horsemenrideagain - Dec 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM

most likely divides his time equally between wearing a tin hat and kicking puppies.

• mediocrebob - Dec 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM

How sad are you that your buckeyes finally played a rankled opponent and got tossed around? It’s ok though Paul. Just remember, we love you here at Inside the Irish

6. hotlantalaw - Dec 8, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Welcome

7. paulhargis53 - Dec 8, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I’ve been dubbed a troll, and as such, you should be ignoring me in hopes I’d go away. Yet here we are, post after post castigating me trying to shame me.

I’d say its me that has taken up space in ND nation’s head, wouldn’t you.

I’d say stop posting about me, but I know you can’t. Your egos won’t allow you not to have the last word….

• getsome99 - Dec 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Lol. You think you’re the only hater that comes here talking smack? It’s not our egos that force us to acknowledge you. It’s actually an honor and a privelege for ND Nation to pimp slap you or any other ND hater who voluntarily comes here looking for a good time.

You see, it’s haters like you who validate ND’s greatness. Are we arrogant and at times conceited and a little pompous? Absolutely. We have a whole nation of haters to appease and the more you talk, the more arrogant we will be.

We don’t troll other team’s blogs because they’re just not that interesting and plus why would we?

We’re Notre Dame bitch.

8. mayesdays - Dec 8, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I found this interesting from unhd: “Mark Dantonio ranked MSU #2, but didn’t rank ND at all. That makes sense. His team is #2 but lost to an unranked team in his mind?”

Maybe Hargis is Dantonio, or just someone who is really bored.

9. notredamefaithful - Dec 9, 2013 at 2:06 AM

I think Dantonio REALLY hates the Irish. We’ve had a hand in derailing their season 3 years in a row and especially this season MSU has to be wondering what could have been had they beaten ND. Pretty satisfying considering how our season has gone.

• mtndguy - Dec 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Yup, only loss, could have been undefeated and playing for a National Championship. That makes me smile notredamefaithful.

10. paulhargis53 - Dec 9, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Thanks for not letting me down regarding responses to my last posting.

So much speculation regarding who my team is…..

Sorry, not a Suckeye fan. I detest them. Just not near as much as ND nation.

Maybe I’m a Marshall fan? Well, I do think he’s pretty funny on HIMYM. Maybe its Northern Illinois, or Maine, or even Mount Union.

The Pinstripe bowl?! Ahahahaha..

11. mediocrebob - Dec 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Paul is a buckeye 100%. He can use all the stupid name for the “suckeyes” (which is a terrible one) but it’s a cover up. He can’t admit that the Irish handled business against them and OSU couldn’t. It’s ok, Paul.

12. paulhargis53 - Dec 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM

mediocreposter: You can wail and gnash your teeth all you want, it still won’t make me an Ohio State fan. Why are you wasting so much time worrying who I’m a fan of? Does it really matter? You have some serious issues if a nameless, faceless person occupies that much time in your life.

To the other guy. I love puppies and tin foil is for cooking in the microwave, everyone knows that. M-O-O-N, that spells tinfoil.

I told you people what I am and what I’m doing and you continue to respond, unbelievable!

The Pinstripe bowl?! Hey, its more $ than the Poinsettia bowl! What a lame excuse from a lame fanbase.

At least my team is in the BCS pool….or is it? The world(at least ND fans), may never know.