Andrew Hendrix plans to transfer

Dec 24, 2013, 7:10 PM EST

Andrew Hendrix Stanford

Andrew Hendrix‘s time in South Bend is over. The senior quarterback has asked for his release and after the Pinstripe Bowl will likely play out his eligibility with another program next season.

Hendrix redshirted during the 2010 season, and has completed 25 of 58 passes in his career for 360 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions over the last three seasons. He’s completed just two of 14 throws this season, with the bulk of his playing time coming during the second half against USC.

Irish Illustrated got the scoop from Brian Kelly after the team’s Tuesday practice in New York. He’ll join Lo Wood and Alex Welch as seniors looking to play out their eligibility elsewhere.

Hendrix came into South Bend a highly-touted recruit, choosing Notre Dame over Stanford, Ohio State, Florida and Miami. He stayed with the Irish after the coaching transition, even after Florida coach Urban Meyer gave chase.

Never necessarily a great fit for the spread system, Hendrix fought his way even on the depth chart in 2011, playing against Stanford and Florida State late that season. He played sparingly last season, the No. 3 quarterback behind Everett Golson and Tommy Rees before serving as the primary backup this season.

1. paulhargis53 - Dec 26, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Dillon. I’m ONE of the posters that is supposedly “vulgar”. So yes, I’m going to respond. I do not think every post is a out me, that’s an exaggeration.

The stuff that has been posted on here is hardly vulgar. If Deacon thinks that his nephew doesn’t hear worse anywhere else he is naive at best and willfully ignorant at worst.

The lowest common denominator? Really? Overly dramatic much?

• dillonbigred - Dec 27, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I stated my piece, I’ll leave the dramatics to you.

2. tsombanj - Dec 27, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Who is Andrew Hendrix?

3. paulhargis53 - Dec 27, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Dillon- liberal douche.

Puma- I’m not upset about being trolled in the least. As stated in the Jaylon thread, its the hypocrisy that amuses me.

You are correct on the vagisil comment.

Why are you kissing deacons behind though? If he doesn’t like what he reads, he can move on. I don’t need him as my moral compass.Neither should you.

I don’t like being told what to do because I have mins of my own.
    You forget though, its my stepmother that has me by the shorthairs because of the “special secret” we are keeping from my father. Its worth it though….what an awakining! As fir the boys in the shower, isn’t that mire of a Catholic thing? u wouldn’t know, I’m not Catholic.

Sorry Dr. Freud, outside of my steamy interludes with my 8 years older vixen of a stepmom, my real world scenario is just fine – no impending breakdown here.

4. paulhargis53 - Dec 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Uff. Typos galore in that posting…