Pinstripe Bowl Live Blog: Notre Dame vs. Rutgers

Dec 28, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT

Amir Carlisle, Tommy Rees AP

Welcome to the final live blog of the season, as we collectively watch Notre Dame take on Rutgers in the Pinstripe Bowl. As usual, we’ll have our friends from Irish Illustrated stopping by, so feel free to spend some of your Saturday with us as we watch the Irish play one final game this season.

Standard boilerplate applies. Keep your comments constructive, clean, and clever. (And if they don’t make the feed keep posting, because sometimes I just don’t see them.)

We’ll give away another Official Illustrated History of Fighting Irish Football coffee table book thanks to Skybox Press, so if you’re looking for motivation to join in that might help. All our blog readers can get a discount on the book by using the code “ND232.” (Who says the holiday spirit ends December 26th?)

This is the end. Let’s do it one more time, with feeling.

1. cpfirish - Dec 28, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Maybe Kelly is not the right coach for ND?

2. paulhargis53 - Dec 28, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Where I come from(the team I root for) 9-4 is considered a failure( as well it should be)
    You go on and go ahead and be proud of that weak record(built on the backs of teams like Navy and weak big 10 teams).

I’d get used to 4 loss seasons.

BTW, quit with the excuses, its pretty sad.

• mayesdays - Dec 28, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Paully how can you compare the WNBA to College Football?

• mediocrebob - Dec 28, 2013 at 11:48 PM

And for some reason you don’t reveal your team? Way to cover it up with the weak big10 comment. Ha you make me laugh every time I come on here and you’ve posted about 10 comments rambling the same thing in 5 different ways. You need a hobby.

• mbannon92 - Dec 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Weak Big Ten teams? Like Michigan State, ranked #4 in the country? Okay then.

3. cpfirish - Dec 28, 2013 at 7:21 PM

@paul

You are exactly right! 9-4= failure!

4. cpfirish - Dec 28, 2013 at 7:21 PM

@paul

You are exactly right! 9-4= failure!

5. paulhargis53 - Dec 28, 2013 at 8:18 PM

There is a thing called the internet, its not hard to look for score updates….

Yeah, how about this Minnesota Lynx, huh?!

• mayesdays - Dec 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM

You are not mad at me you are mad at the Lynx!

6. paulhargis53 - Dec 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I’m not mad at anyone. I laugh daily on this site.

Definitely not mad at the Lynx….2013 WNBA champs baby!!!

• mayesdays - Dec 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Yes….laugh!

7. paulhargis53 - Dec 29, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Keep feeding the troll dummy.

You, as I said before, need to get laid more than anyone on earth.

I don’t reveal my team, because why would I? I wouldn’t be a good troll if I did.

Why do you want to continue to look stupid sausage wallet?

Keep an eye on those thumbs, I bet that proves you’re winning, right?

Everytime you post back to me is another strike against you.

Quit futzing around and find a woman, or man, or what. have you, just drop a load for Gods sake. You’re way to uptight.

• mediocrebob - Dec 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Same old stuff. Get creative.

You’re scared.

If you’re scared, go to church.

8. paulhargis53 - Dec 29, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Scared? of what? Please enlighten all of us. What a numbskull you are.