Feb 5, 2014, 7:35 AM EDT
As Signing Day kicks off, let’s take a look at the first of two recruits already on campus.
Measurables: 6-1, 197
Accolades: Top Player in Indiana per Detroit Free-Press, first-team All-State Indiana 3A, Consensus 4-Star prospect, Rivals100, 247Sports Composite No. 94
Impressive Offers: Louisville
Projected Position: Outside WR
Quick Take: If Brent’s offer list looks empty, it’s because Notre Dame identified Brent early and he committed in July of 2012, almost a lifetime ago. But Brent is already one of the most physically impressive receivers on campus.
He’s got size and speed for days, and went from little known regional prospect to one of the top national receivers after a summer tour took him to The Opening and the Rivals Five Star Challenge. There might be some interest in saving a year of Brent’s eligibility with the depth chart so stacked at wide receiver, but Brent enrolled early to play.
There’s a little bit of David Givens in Brent, with the physicality already there and the ability to crosstrain at different positions available after playing running back during his senior season at Speedway.
What he means to Irish: More young talent for Mike Denbrock’s receiving corps. A guy who will get a ton of reps with DaVaris Daniels out of school for the spring semester.
Obligatory YouTube highlight clip: Updated Brent’s video with UND.com’s Signing Day video.
- For Golson, challenges won’t disappear now that he’s at FSU 0
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 38
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 104
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 172