Feb 5, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
Measureables: 6-2, 176
Accolades: Consensus 4-Star player, Under Armour All-American
Impressive Offers: Florida, Florida State, Michigan, Oklahoma, UCLA
Projected Position: Wide Receiver
Quick Take: Long and lanky, Holmes draws comparisons to TJ Jones from every corner of the internet, not entirely a bad thing. He’s not as physically bruising as Justin Brent, but Holmes played against elite competition and the Irish staff loves his speed, hands, athleticism and football IQ.
An injury plagued senior season robbed Holmes of putting up numbers, but he’s versatile enough to play inside or out for the Irish, while adding some much appreciated length to the depth chart.
What he means to Irish: Don’t look now, but the Irish depth chart at wide receiver is pretty stacked. Mike Denbrock has a good problem on his hands. The two-year haul of Brent, Holmes, Torii Hunter Jr., Will Fuller, Corey Robinson and James Onwualu is looking like a good one.
Our friends at Irish Illustrated have a great interview with Holmes where he revealed that Michigan and Florida were his favorites before a chance visit to Notre Dame… with the only coach there over vacation being Tony Alford.
Obligatory YouTube highlight clip: Here’s Holmes’ UND.com recruiting profile.
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 71
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40
- After unexplainable loss, can Irish rally again? 94
- And in that corner… The Louisville Cardinal 52
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Northwestern 100
- Five things we learned: Northwestern 43, Notre Dame 40 233