Feb 5, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Marist (Midlothian, IL)
Measurables: 6-4, 215
Accolades: US Army All-American, first-team Parade All-American, first-team All-State Chicago Tribune, all-time leading receiver in Illinois high school history with 237 catches.
Impressive Offers: Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa, Oklahoma
Projected Position: Tight End
Quick Take: It’s hard to find a tight end with better ball skills than Weishar. The staff believes he’s a guy with elite skills that can stretch the field vertically because of his impressive catch radius. Weishar obviously needs to add some bulk, listed at 215 pounds he’s essentially a jumbo wide receiver right now.
Still, its hard not to think of Tyler Eifert when you look at Weishar, who will need to do some work in the weight room before he can be a complete tight end, but almost immediately offers another intriguing talent.
What he means to Irish: Bringing in two tight ends was important considering Troy Niklas’ departure. Weishar will see the field as soon as he gets used to Paul Longo, but he’s the type of guy that makes offensive coordinators look really smart. It’s hard not to think of Mike Denbrock’s history with tight ends when you consider Weishar, and he could be a productive player at Notre Dame.
Obligatory YouTube highlight clip: Here’s Weishar’s UND.com recruiting video:
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Syracuse 94
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 31, Syracuse 15 163
- Pregame Six Pack: Syracuse in the way of perfect September 41
- And in that corner… The Syracuse Orange 34
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 130
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61