Feb 5, 2014, 12:55 AM EDT
Just a note for all of you night owls that Wednesday will be quite the day. We’ll be up bright and early, covering the faxes as they come into The Gug, recapping in (almost) real time Signing Day.
Refresh Inside the Irish early and often tomorrow, and get ready to see me as part of the UND.com Signing Day special as well. (I will be wearing the look of a sleep-deprived sportswriter.) Brian Kelly will recap the class around noon ET, and you’ll get instant reactions from me as faxes roll in across the country.
Notre Dame’s staff believes they are in it for a handful of elite recruits that remain on the board, bringing a nice dose of uncertainty, drama and optimism to proceedings that in the past have been mostly about worries.
With 22 recruits committed, Notre Dame is assured of bringing in back-to-back great classes, building blocks for the future. How the class ends up, we’ll have to see how things play out.
- For Golson, challenges won’t disappear now that he’s at FSU 46
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 38
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 105
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 172