Feb 5, 2014, 12:55 AM EDT
Just a note for all of you night owls that Wednesday will be quite the day. We’ll be up bright and early, covering the faxes as they come into The Gug, recapping in (almost) real time Signing Day.
Refresh Inside the Irish early and often tomorrow, and get ready to see me as part of the UND.com Signing Day special as well. (I will be wearing the look of a sleep-deprived sportswriter.) Brian Kelly will recap the class around noon ET, and you’ll get instant reactions from me as faxes roll in across the country.
Notre Dame’s staff believes they are in it for a handful of elite recruits that remain on the board, bringing a nice dose of uncertainty, drama and optimism to proceedings that in the past have been mostly about worries.
With 22 recruits committed, Notre Dame is assured of bringing in back-to-back great classes, building blocks for the future. How the class ends up, we’ll have to see how things play out.
- The good, the bad and the ugly: The 86th annual Blue-Gold game 60
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 76
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12