Feb 5, 2014, 12:55 AM EDT
Just a note for all of you night owls that Wednesday will be quite the day. We’ll be up bright and early, covering the faxes as they come into The Gug, recapping in (almost) real time Signing Day.
Refresh Inside the Irish early and often tomorrow, and get ready to see me as part of the UND.com Signing Day special as well. (I will be wearing the look of a sleep-deprived sportswriter.) Brian Kelly will recap the class around noon ET, and you’ll get instant reactions from me as faxes roll in across the country.
Notre Dame’s staff believes they are in it for a handful of elite recruits that remain on the board, bringing a nice dose of uncertainty, drama and optimism to proceedings that in the past have been mostly about worries.
With 22 recruits committed, Notre Dame is assured of bringing in back-to-back great classes, building blocks for the future. How the class ends up, we’ll have to see how things play out.
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 41
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64