Feb 21, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
Notre Dame has set the home kickoff times for 2014. And before Michigan goes off the Irish schedule for the immediate future, they’ll play one more time in primetime.
The evening kickoff at Notre Dame Stadium is the highlight of the home 2014 slate, with the Irish also playing their Shamrock Series game against Purdue at 7:30 p.m. EDT at Lucas Oil Stadium. Notre Dame will welcome ACC opponents North Carolina and Louisville.
They’ll also play for the Quiz Bowl with visits from Stanford and Northwestern. Capping the schedule off is a visit the defending national champions in Florida State in mid-October, before ending the season in Los Angeles against USC.
Here is a quick rundown of the complete Notre Dame schedule for next season:
Aug. 30 — RICE — 3:30pm ET, NBC
Sept. 6 — MICHIGAN — 7:30pm ET, NBC
Sept. 13 — Purdue* — 7:30pm ET, NBC
Sept. 27 — at Syracuse** — TBD, ABC/ESPN
Oct. 4 — STANFORD — 3:30pm ET, NBC
Oct. 11 — NORTH CAROLINA — 3:30pm ET, NBC
Oct. 18 — at Florida State — TBD, ABC/ESPN
Nov. 1 — at Navy*** — TBD, CBS
Nov. 8 — at Arizona State — TBD, TBD
Nov. 15 — NORTHWESTERN — 3:30pm ET, NBC
Nov. 22 — LOUISVILLE — 3:30pm ET, NBC
Nov. 29 — at USC — TBD, TBD
* Shamrock Series game at Lucas Oil Stadium
** Game played at Metlife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
*** Game played at FedEx Field, Landover MD
A few notes to think about before we get closer to these games actually happening. You can all but expect USC to be played in the evening, with a 5pm PST kickoff becoming the tradition.
Also, it’s interesting to note that the game at Arizona State, the home game that former Sun Devil athletic director Steve Patterson found desperately for, doesn’t currently have a network assignment. With ASU expected to be a solid team again under Todd Graham, this will likely be an ABC/ESPN game. But it could also find its way to the Pac-12 Network, a channel with really mediocre distribution right now.
What’s already clear is that the Irish will play one of the more difficult schedules in the country, stepping into the College Football Playoff era with quite a challenge in front of them.
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 53
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12
- In a time of change, Denbrock a constant 35
- RCS New Jersey: Two standing out for Rene
- RCS New Jersey: Johnson eyeing the Big Ten
- RCS New Jersey: Guarantano recruiting for Vols
- RCS New Jersey: Hawkins will cut list soon
- RCS New Jersey: Distance not a factor for Robinson
- RCS New Jersey: Gary recaps visits
- RCS New Jersey: Walker solid with Buckeyes