Jun 20, 2014, 10:44 AM EDT
In the past, Notre Dame had to wait for a game weekend to get a group of elite prospects onto campus. But as the timeline for recruiting compresses, Notre Dame’s coaching staff has turned their annual summer camp into one of the must-attend events of the summer.
Dubbed the “Irish Invasion,” the event will begin Friday night. A slew of national prospects in both the 2015 and 2016 cycle will be in attendance. Here’s a quick look at the most up-to-date list of attendees, highlighting some of the players that already have an Irish offer.
(All rankings are based on Rivals’ evaluations)
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
The following elite prospects from the 2016 class have offers as well.
They’ll be joined by the following Irish commitments:
Las Vegas, NV
Of the uncommitted offers, the fact that elite players like Bryant, Hilliard, Patrick and Coney are all on campus is a great start. The Irish are on the short-list for all four prospects, and would likely take a commitment from every one of them.
A few dozen more prospects will be in attendance, with some attendees trying to earn a scholarship offer (like Jonathan Bonner did last year at camp). That group includes San Diego linebacker Casey Toohill, an Irish legacy whose entire family has attended Notre Dame. He’s got double-digit offers though missed a significant portion of last season with an injury.
Local media has a viewing window during the Friday night session, so expect news to trickle out after this weekend. While the confirmed attendee list is a work-in-progress, Las Vegas’ Calvin Broadus canceled earlier this week, it’s a big first step before Notre Dame’s staff starts traveling the country next summer with satellite camps.
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 53
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12
- In a time of change, Denbrock a constant 35
- RCS New Jersey: Two standing out for Rene
- RCS New Jersey: Johnson eyeing the Big Ten
- RCS New Jersey: Guarantano recruiting for Vols
- RCS New Jersey: Hawkins will cut list soon
- RCS New Jersey: Distance not a factor for Robinson
- RCS New Jersey: Gary recaps visits
- RCS New Jersey: Walker solid with Buckeyes