Jul 1, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
As the calendar turns to July, Notre Dame athletics has officially become the flagship program for Under Armour apparel. Notre Dame’s record-setting deal was announced in January, with the Irish’s previous relationship with Adidas ending on June 30.
That gave Under Armour and Notre Dame not much turn time to reimagine and re-outfit every Fighting Irish team on campus, not to mention get a catalog ready with new t-shirts, polos and shorts for those fans that couldn’t be caught dead in the wrong brand.
(I actually think a lot of the new stuff looks pretty sharp.)
Gear distribution day begins on campus today for student-athletes attending summer semester. And as you’d expect, first looks have started to come on social media.
With the current UND.com home screen giving you the opportunity to shop for some new Irish swag, it’s safe to say that the early returns have most people very happy with the look of the new apparel.
Here are a few interesting Tweets from the morning:
- Sanford trying to quantify quarterback competition 0
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 41
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31