Jul 1, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
As the calendar turns to July, Notre Dame athletics has officially become the flagship program for Under Armour apparel. Notre Dame’s record-setting deal was announced in January, with the Irish’s previous relationship with Adidas ending on June 30.
That gave Under Armour and Notre Dame not much turn time to reimagine and re-outfit every Fighting Irish team on campus, not to mention get a catalog ready with new t-shirts, polos and shorts for those fans that couldn’t be caught dead in the wrong brand.
(I actually think a lot of the new stuff looks pretty sharp.)
Gear distribution day begins on campus today for student-athletes attending summer semester. And as you’d expect, first looks have started to come on social media.
With the current UND.com home screen giving you the opportunity to shop for some new Irish swag, it’s safe to say that the early returns have most people very happy with the look of the new apparel.
Here are a few interesting Tweets from the morning:
- KeiVarae Russell takes to social media to announce his return 59
- For Golson, challenges won’t disappear now that he’s at FSU 52
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 38
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 105
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 126
- KeiVarae Russell takes to social media to announce his return (59)
- For Golson, challenges won’t disappear now that he’s at FSU (52)
- Stanley, Smith and Redfield headline five Irish preseason All-Americans (48)
- Golson talks about transfer (though what he doesn’t say is more interesting) (45)
- Williams to return for summer school, football future unclear (31)