Jul 1, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
As the calendar turns to July, Notre Dame athletics has officially become the flagship program for Under Armour apparel. Notre Dame’s record-setting deal was announced in January, with the Irish’s previous relationship with Adidas ending on June 30.
That gave Under Armour and Notre Dame not much turn time to reimagine and re-outfit every Fighting Irish team on campus, not to mention get a catalog ready with new t-shirts, polos and shorts for those fans that couldn’t be caught dead in the wrong brand.
(I actually think a lot of the new stuff looks pretty sharp.)
Gear distribution day begins on campus today for student-athletes attending summer semester. And as you’d expect, first looks have started to come on social media.
With the current UND.com home screen giving you the opportunity to shop for some new Irish swag, it’s safe to say that the early returns have most people very happy with the look of the new apparel.
Here are a few interesting Tweets from the morning:
- The good, the bad and the ugly: The 86th annual Blue-Gold game 0
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 76
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12