Aug 30, 2014, 11:39 AM EDT
It’s game day at Notre Dame. Even with a weather forecast predicting scattered showers and a chance for a few thunderstorms, kickoff is four hours away and another sellout crowd looks to watch the Irish beat Rice.
There’s no better weather forecast to debut the new FieldTurf in the stadium. Erasing the chance of a mud bowl, if the weather does get nasty, at the very least it doesn’t mean the playing surface is doomed for the rest of the season.
But before we get to the action on the field, the NDonNBC crew spent some time on campus and produced a few cool features to help kickoff the season.
Here’s Liam McHugh‘s sit down with Brian Kelly to talk about the season, the new stadium surface, and how the team has moved forward without the five played indefinitely suspended. Kelly was candid with McHugh, taking a part of the blame as he wonders what he and the university can do better in academic cases like this one.
Here’s Everett Golson talking about what it means to be back as Notre Dame’s quarterback. He supplied some very thoughtful answers for a player who is usually quite reserved.
And here’s a cool look at Corey Robinson, talking about his Hall of Fame father David, now one of the biggest Notre Dame football fans in the nation.
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 129
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69